Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 Cup organic grass-fed butter
- 1 Cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 Cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 Cup gluten free flour
- 1-2 Scoops of fermented Greek yogurt proteins+, unflavoured
- 1 Tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp. baking soda
- Topping (optional): 1 Cup dark chocolate, 1 Tbsp. coconut oil Crushed nuts
- In a mixer cream together butter, coconut sugar, and peanut butter. Add in the applesauce.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and soda, and fermented Greek yogurt proteins+. Slowly add in the flour mixture until dough is completely mixed. Do not over mix. Cover and place dough in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using about 2 tablespoons of dough, roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet and slightly flatten. With a fork, gently make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Place cookies on a wire rack and let cookies cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave. Dip completely cooled cookies into the chocolate, sprinkle with crushed nuts, and place on a parchment paper to let chocolate set.