Plant Power Balls
“I love making energy balls like this recipe because there is little prep involved -- no turning on the oven and nothing to cook. All you need is a small kitchen appliance to really chew up all the ingredients (get out your food processor) and then roll into balls! They freeze really well for up to 3 months or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.” -Joy
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 10 medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 30 minutes in hot water
- 1 cup oat flakes or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 scoop greens+ multi+, Berry Flavour or greens+ original
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup dried sour cherries, blueberries or raisins
- Discard date soaking water. Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until crumbly. Check the sticking power by rolling one into a ball. Feel free to add a splash of water another medjool date if it's not sticking.
- Roll into balls. Freeze for up to 3 months or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Joy McCarthy is the Founder of Joyous Health, a Certified Holistic Nutritionist and best-selling author. A trusted nutrition expert, Joy has been featured in hundreds of publications both online and in print; and is a regular health expert on TV. Through her innate drive to inspire others, Joy has created numerous online programs and eBooks under JOYOUS U and is a faculty member at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition. Joy lives in Toronto with her husband Walker and their daughter Vienna.