I’ll be honest, I didn’t expect the whole chia pudding trend to last as long as it has. However, I think I cast that judgement before I actually TRIED chia pudding! Super healthy, yummy, easy to make and incredibly versatile, it’s no wonder that it’s had such staying power. I love green smoothies (another trend that I hope never goes away) and still have a ‘thing’ for chia pudding, so I figured, why not mix the two? And while I’m at it, why not top it all off with a ridiculously delicious coconut crunch… because life is simply too short to eat healthy food that doesn’t actually taste good!
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 250ml vanilla almond milk
- 1-2 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup*
- ½ tsp. coconut extract (optional)
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 c. chia seeds
Directions:Coconut Chia Pudding:
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Stir well and leave in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Make the coconut crumble and superfood layer below while the pudding firms up.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl and spread on a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until the mixture is golden brown, for approximately 20 minutes, stirring half way through. Set aside to cool.
- Blend all of the ingredients except the berries together in a blender until smooth.
- Place thin slices of peeled kiwi fruit on the inside of the glass as shown.
- Layer the chia pudding in a short clear cup followed by a layer of the green superfood and another layer of the chia pudding to fill the cup to the 3/4 mark (depending on the size of your cup).
- Top with the coconut crunch and a pile of fresh berries.