Apple Chia-Oat Parfaits with Creamy Tahini-Caramel Sauce
It’s no wonder parfait in French means perfect, because these Apple Chia Parfaits from The Planted One are perfection! Full of warming spices like cinnamon, this recipe is a great alternative to your morning smoothie during the colder months – while still giving you the boost of protein to kick start your day. PLUS these Apple Chia Parfaits are layered with homemade caramel sauce and any time we can enjoy caramel sauce guilt-free, you know we’re on board!
- 2 apples, cored and sliced 1/8” thick (I used honey crisp!)
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
Directions:The night before:
- Make the Baked Spiced Apple Rings.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread a light coating of coconut oil on top. Set the oven to 225 degrees.
- In a large bowl, coat the apple rings with the coconut oil and cinnamon.
- Evenly spread them out on the parchment paper, do not overlap.
- Bake for 2 hours, flipping them every 30 minutes until the chips are dry yet still soft. Allow to cool completely before placing them in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Make the Chia Pudding: Place all of the Chia Pudding ingredients into a bowl, except the coconut yogurt and mix together. If the consistency is too dry, add in a little more almond milk. Cover and let the pudding sit for 2 hours or for best results, overnight in the fridge. Stir in the coconut yogurt just before layering your parfait.
- Chop up some apples (I used honey crisp) and mix with a tiny bit of cinnamon to coat the chopped apple.
- Make the Caramel Sauce: Place all of the ingredients for the Caramel Sauce into a small pot over low heat and stir until everything is melted and mixed together. Once mixed completely, transfer to a small glass container until you are ready to make your parfait. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week!
- Layer your parfait. Caramel sauce, chia pudding, chopped apples and walnuts. Repeat. Once complete, top with a drizzle of the caramel sauce and enjoy!