Move over Pumpkin Spice Lattes because we can enjoy these Pumpkin Spice Protein Donuts no matter what time of year it is. These favourites are filled with warming, antioxidant-loaded spices like cinnamon, ginger, allspice and cloves, healthy fats from coconut and cashews, and are sweetened naturally with maple syrup, applesauce and coconut sugar. Although it may seem like a lot of steps, these donuts come together quickly, and hey, you’re making your own donuts!
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp gluten free all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- Flax egg (1 tbsp of ground flax with 3 tbsp of water – let sit for 5-10 minutes before mixing into bowl)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 scoop fermented organic vegan proteins+ vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon all-spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
Step 1: Make the Maple-Spiced Frosting
- Soak the cashews for 2-3 hours before blending.
- Rinse the cashews and pour cashews into a blender. Add in 2 tbsp of almond milk and blend until it turns into a creamy mix. You can add more almond milk little by little to achieve a creamy consistency.
- In a small pot over medium heat melt the coconut butter and stir constantly with a whisk for about a minute. Then add maple syrup and 2 (of the 4 tbsp) of almond milk, cinnamon, salt and 1 tbsp of fermented vegan proteins+ vanilla flavour.
- Once it forms a glaze, mix in the cashew mixture and stir on low heat for 2 minutes until fully combined and creates a whipped consistency.
Step 2: Make the Maple Roasted Pepita Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and make sure seeds are completely coated.
- Spread the seeds on the baking sheets evenly, do not overlap the seeds. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Once roasted. Let them cool completely and decorate your donuts and store the extras in a tightly sealed glass jar and enjoy as a snack!
Step 3: Make Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease the donut pan with coconut oil.
- Make the chia egg.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Slowly mix in wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined. If the mix is a little too dry, add 1 tbsp of almond milk at a time until you achieve a dough-like consistency.
- Scoop batter into the donut pan and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and test with a toothpick to ensure they are ready! (A clean toothpick means that they are cooked through!)
- Let them sit in the pan for 5 minutes and then let sit on a cooling rack. Once they have cooled down, frost, sprinkle and enjoy!
You’ll Probably like
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device