Looking for a fresh and easy pasta recipe? Look no further than this greens+ glowing pesto pasta salad! The perfect dish to bring to summer picnics, BBQ’s or for enjoying on a patio – it’s bursting with flavours like garlic, basil, lemon, parsley and is even packed with phytonutrient rich greens.
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 – 1 ½ cups of fresh basil
- 1/2 cup of parsley
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 1/4 cup of (soaked) cashews
- 2 garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- 3-4 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 2 tbsp of water (or more if your pesto is too thick)
- 1.5 scoops of greens+ original
- black pepper
- 2-4 hours before you make your pesto sauce, soak your cashews.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to the packaging directions. Do not over cook the noodles, slightly under cooked or al dente is best.
- While the water is coming to a boil and the pasta is cooking, place all of the greens pesto sauce in a food processor and process until combined. You may need to stop once or twice to manually mix with a spoon and make sure everything gets mixed together evenly.
- Once the pasta and pesto are finished, combine the two together.
- In a large skillet, heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat and sauté the pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and mix in with the pasta and pesto, along with the arugula. Place leftovers in a sealed glass container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
You’ll Probably like
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device