If you have a food processor, energy bites are one of the easiest snacks you can make. They’re also great for getting the kids involved! I included these ones because they are lower in sugar than many recipes you will find online.
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp nut butter (I used peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (cocoa powder works too)
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Optional nutrition boost: 1 scoop Genuine Health unflavoured clean collagen powder
- Place the almonds in a food processor and grind until they're a flour like consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until a dough like consistency forms. If you are adding collagen, add 1 extra tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Roll into balls and store in the freezer
Mandy King, Holistic Nutritionist
Mandy King is a Holistic Nutritionist, and the founder of HEAL (Healthy Eating And Living). She works with health conscious people who want to increase their energy, fix their digestion and lose weight, once and for all.
You’ll Probably like
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device