Everyone loves a good homemade jam especially when it’s JAM packed with phytonutrients and is sweetened naturally with maple syrup! This kid friendly Super Berry Good Jam is a healthy spread on morning toast or try it out in this superfood packed PB&J Bite recipe.
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 scoops of fermented organic gut superfoods+ summer berry-pomegranate
- Place berries, and sweetener into a medium pot over medium heat uncovered. Bring berries to a simmer, and berries should begin to soften and break down. Once the mix has come to a simmer, stir frequently for 10 minutes.
- Once berries have released some water and are soft, use a potato masher (or fork) mash the mix. Once mashed, add the chia seeds and lemon juice. Give the mix a good stir and continue to simmer on low to medium heat for another 10 minutes or so. Stir frequently.
- When the jam has thickened, remove the pot from the heat and transfer to a bowl and let it cool. Once it reaches room temperature, stir in 2 scoops of fermented organic gut superfoods+ Summer Berry Pomegranate flavour.
- Transfer to an air-tight container and let it sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours, or for best results overnight until you’re ready to use it. (Will last in the fridge for one week.)
You’ll Probably like
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device