Did you know that most muffins have more sugar in them than a piece of cake?! These ones are so nutritious, and full of fiber, which slows the release of sugar into your bloodstream to give you more steady energy.
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 3 eggs (I made an egg free version that had 1 chia egg + 2 Bob's Red Mill GF Egg Replacers)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrot (approx 2 large carrots)
- 1 cup grated granny smith apple
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Using a food processor, grate the carrot and peeled/cored apple.
- Rinse the food processor and peel a1-2 inch piece of ginger. Put the regular blade in the food processor and turn it on, empty. Drop the piece of ginger through the top to mince it quickly.
- **If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the apple and carrot by hand and mince the ginger with a knife.
- If making a chia egg (1 TBSP ground chia with 3 TBSP water), mix it and set aside so it sets for a few minutes.
- Then, mix all of the wet ingredients together (apple sauce, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, grated carrot, apple and ginger).
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together (almond flour, coconut flakes, protein powder, raisins, pecans, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt & chia seeds.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients, mixing with a spoon.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Scoop out the batter and form into a thick patty with your hands (that will fit in the muffin tray). The key is to make sure you form them first as the batter is a bit loose, so you don't just want to drop the batter in without sticking it together. They will rise when cooking.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes if using real eggs. Bake for 40 minutes if using vegan egg replacements.
You’ll Probably like
Utilisez les flèches gauche/droite pour naviguer dans le diaporama ou glissez vers la gauche/droite sur un appareil mobile