Our bodies have different ways of telling us what they need and want. Whether it’s a craving for certain foods, or signals like breakouts and dry skin or irritability and low mood, the red flags your body shows often hold important information about your health.
While it’s normal to overindulge and push your body to its limits from time to time, when you start to notice the signs that your body needs a detox, it’s a good idea to pay attention. Here are 4 ways to tell if your body needs a detox - and how to help your body get the support it needs.
1. You feel tired all the time
These factors could also be your body telling you that you’re eating too much sugar or too many rich or oily foods. They can also be caused by a buildup of toxins from excessive alcohol consumption or smoking.
2. You’re struggling to sleep
Sleep disturbances can be caused by a range of problems - but if you’re routinely struggling to sleep, it’s a good sign that you need a detox. You might notice this sign if you’ve been drinking too much alcohol or caffeine, resulting in lower quality sleep and difficulty falling asleep.
Sleep problems can also be a result of too much sugar and carbohydrates before bed, disrupting the brain’s ability to make you feel sleepy. They can also be a result of stress and overstimulation, especially in the hours before bedtime.
Looking to improve your sleep quality? Try our Deep Sleep supplement, created to work in sync with your body’s natural sleep cycle for more restful and uninterrupted sleep.
3. You’re suffering from breakouts
One of the main things that many people notice after overindulging is changes to their skin. You might find you have more breakouts or that your skin is drier, duller or more irritated than normal.
Sugar, alcohol and rich, fatty foods can all disrupt your skin, leading to common complaints like acne, dryness and puffiness. If your skin is throwing out signals that it’s unhappy, it’s a clear sign you need a detox. We recommend adding a healthy source of Omega 3 fats to restore a healthy look and feel to your skin.
4. Your immune system is down
If you find yourself constantly catching colds, flu or experiencing stomach upset, this is another sign your body needs help. Your immune system is easily impacted by diet and lifestyle factors, including too much alcohol or lack of sleep and this can quickly show up in your ability to fight common illnesses. If you want to support your immunity, you probably need to take it easy to help your body lower its stress level.
Did you know your gut health is also directly tied to your immune system? By optimizing your gut health, you can directly improve your immune response. We’ve designed our Advanced Gut Health Defense Probiotic for this exact reason, to help you reduce your chance of getting sick and bounce back more quickly if you do!
How to support your body’s detoxification
If you’ve noticed one or more of these signs that your body needs a detox, it’s important to take action. Thankfully, your body is good at detoxing itself naturally.
Most of the body’s detoxification processes take place in the liver. While you might read about juice cleanses or strict diets to help your body detox, you can support your liver’s natural detoxification without drastically changing your diet. Simply try to eat more vegetables, fruit and whole grains to help your body detox.
Our Greens+ Daily Detox is specially designed with a blend of liver-supporting ingredients to boost the natural detoxification process and help your liver function at its best.
The Greens+ Daily Detox contains a range of active ingredients including:
- Milk Thistle: A Mediterranean herb renowned for its antioxidant and protective effects on the liver
- Flax Seed Concentrate: An active ingredient known for its ability to combat liver disease and support liver function
- Citrus Bioflavonoids: A blend of powerful antioxidants used to reduce inflammation and support liver detoxification
- Artichoke Leaf Extract: A unique ingredient used traditionally to treat liver disorders and improve liver health
- N-Acetyl Cysteine: A source of antioxidants that are key to maintaining liver health
If your body is throwing out signs you need a detox, listen to what it’s trying to tell you and opt for Greens+ Daily Detox to support your body’s natural processes and keep your liver in top form.
- Velussi M. et al. Long-term (12 months) treatment with an anti-oxidant drug (silymarin) is effective in hyperinsulinemia, exogenous insulin need and malondialdehyde levels in cirrhotic diabetic patients. Journal of Hepatology 1997 April; 26(4):871-879.
- Yari, Z. et al. The efficacy of flaxseed and hesperidin on non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: an open-labeled randomized controlled trial. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2020 July; 75:99-111.
- Al-Aubaidy, H. et al. Twelve-Week Mediterranean Diet Intervention Increases Citrus Bioflavonoid Levels and Reduces Inflammation in People with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Nutrients 2021 March; 13(4):1133.
- 4. Musolino, V. et al. The synergistic effect of Citrus bergamia and Cynara cardunculus extracts on vascular inflammation and oxidative stress in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine 2020 February; 10(3):268-274.
- Zembron-Lacny A. et al. The comparison of antioxidant and hematological properties of N-acetylcysteine and -lipoic acid in physically active males. Physiological Research 2009;58:855-861