- 2 Cups gluten free flour
- 2/3 Cup organic, grass-fed butter
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 Cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1-2 Scoops of fermented organic vegan proteins+, unflavoured
- Glaze (optional): 1 1/2 Cups icing sugar, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, Lemon zest
- In a mixer, combine the butter, sugar, applesauce, and lemon juice until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, fermented organic vegan proteins+ and lemon zest. Mix to combine. Add the poppy seeds and mix.
- Divide the dough into two parts, and shape into discs. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour a rolling pin and rolling surface with the flour. Place the dough on the surface and roll to about a ¼ inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out cookies, and place them to the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Glaze: Combine the icing sugar and the lemon juice with a whisk. If the glaze is too thick, add more liquid. Put glaze on cookies and top with lemon zest.