Granola bars are always great to have around for those busy mornings or when a snack craving comes along! These homemade bars not only taste amazing, but are also anti-inflammatory thanks to our liquid omega3+. The addition of hemp hearts provide a great dose of plant-based omega-3 and the liquid omega3+ provides two key types of omega-3 fats, EPA and DHA, which are important for a healthy heart, brain, eyes, skin, mood and joints!
- 1 c. raw almonds
- 1 ½ c. large flaked oats
- 1 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ c. hemp hearts
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- ½ c. + 1 Tbsp. brown rice syrup
- 1/3 c. smooth almond butter
- ¼ c. liquid omega3+, orange flavour
- 2 tsp. packed orange zest
- Lightly grease a 9×9 square pan and line it with parchment paper, leaving excess hanging over the sides to make it easier to remove the bars once they are set.
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds until they are coarsely ground.
- In a large bowl, add the almonds along with the oats, coconut, hemp hearts and salt and stir to combine.
- In a small pot stir together the brown rice syrup and the almond butter and cook over low heat, stirring, until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and liquid omega3+, orange flavour.
- Stir the almond butter mixture into the dry mixture along with the orange zest and mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture very firmly into the prepared pan (I use the bottom of a flat glass) and set aside for at least 20 minutes before cutting them into approximately 18 bars with a sharp knife.