On the outside these might look like your regular truffles, but on the inside they have a healthy hint of prebiotic goodness thanks to fermented organic gut superfoods+! The orange zest and juice in these truffles provide a boost of vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoids, and thanks to the raw cocoa powder and 70% dark chocolate they are rich with antioxidants. Did we mention they’re also sweetened naturally with dates and maple syrup? These truffles are the complete nutritious and decadent package all rolled into one!
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked (soak in hot water for 20 minutes to soften, then drain)
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (I used freshly squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons chopped 70% dark chocolate, melted
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons raw cocao powder
- 1 scoop fermented organic gut superfoods+ orange-ginger (alternatively you can use an additional 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder)
- Soak the dates, drain, then add to a food processor.
- Add the avocado, maple syrup, orange juice, and melted chocolate to the food processor with the dates and process for 1-2 minutes, stopping periodically to scrape the sides with a spatula until the mixture starts to become smooth (you want to make sure there are no large chunks of dates remaining).
- Next, add in the cocoa powder and fermented organic gut superfoods+ powder and process again for 1-2 minutes, stopping periodically to scrape the sides with a spatula until the mixture is thick, smooth, and well combined.
- Using a spatula transfer the mixture from the food processor to a bowl.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for 30-minutes to chill, allowing the truffle mixture to harden.
- Meanwhile, take 3 small plates and place the coating ingredients on each plate (cocoa powder, chocolate shavings, and cocoa nibs).
- Melt the dark chocolate with the coconut oil and transfer to a small bowl, then set aside.
- When the truffle mixture has chilled for the full 30-minutes, remove from the freezer and using clean, slightly wet hands (this will prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands), roll the mixture into 1″ balls, working quickly as to not warm the mixture up too much with your hands.
- Make approximately 14 truffles.
- Place the truffles on a large plate and then roll each truffle into one of the coating options and set back on the plate.**
- Place all the coated truffles back into the freezer until ready to serve.
- Allow the truffles to thaw for 5-10 minutes and sprinkle with a pinch of orange zest before serving.
You’ll Probably like
Utilisez les flèches gauche/droite pour naviguer dans le diaporama ou glissez vers la gauche/droite sur un appareil mobile